Named one of Miami’s Top 10 Female DJs, Bonnie Beats is a modern day renaissance woman. The tech nerd turned – tastemaker – turned – super talent, is one of Miami’s up-and-coming artists. Raised on the sounds of Caribbean soul, Latin Jazz, and Motown, this young and ambitious DJ/Producer is all about taking you to that “feel good place.”
Tagged by Nylon Magazine as one of Miami's revered artists, she’s shared nights with notable artists such as Talib Kweli, Jamie XX, Neon Indian, Icona Pop, Thievery Corporation, Duke Dumont and many more.
In 2008 Bonnie began her music and fashion blog Behind Color Bars recognized by Vice Magazine, with support from Converse Shoes and Kid Robot, to educate her local community and abroad about all things cutting edge. It was this consistent message that gained Bonnie the street cred reserved for only those who create movements. Recognition of her unique style got her an invitation to hit the airwaves of Virgin Mobile Radio, and MTV’s award-winning WVUM 90.5.
Fast forward to 2014, Bonnie has teamed up with Loveless label boss, Gooddroid to put on a party that won Miami’s Best Monthly Party of 2014, Catwalk: A Night of Vogue, a jackin’ party that revolves around fashion and Miami’s most eccentric characters.
Bonnie Beats has performed and held residencies at renowned venues including The W Hotels, The Florida Room, Soho Beach House, Rec Room among others, is currently an active member of the music academy, and can be found throughout Miami’s Art District drawing up inspiration for her next project.
DJ Since: 2008
Category: Club DJ / Event DJ
Main genre: House
Genres: House, Tech House, Bass, Indie Dance, Nu Disco, Open Format & Hip Hop
Music source: CD
Set duration: 3-6 hours
Equipment: Pioneer CDJ-1000 - 2200 NXS, Pioneer DJM 900 - 2000 Mixer, Rane SL3 DJ Interface
Skills: 2/3-deck beat matching, beat juggling, beatmaking
Extra info: Available to bring own hardware and audio equipment upon request.
E-mail for more info.
Some of the best mixes and compilations from Bonnie Beats:
01. Sounds of Catwalk @ WVUM (2015)
02. Bonnie Beats @ Electric Kingdom (2014)
03. Live @ Soho Beach House
04. Never Sleep Alone (Promo Mix 2015)
05. This Ain't Art (Basel Mix 2014)
06. Bonnie Beats @ Slap & Tickle (2013)
07. Pero Like, Tremendo Trap (Promo Mix 2015)
08. Don't Wake Daddy (Promo Mix 2014)
09. Pero Like Twerk (Promo 2014)
10. Lost Tapes EP (2013)
11. STFU Bonnie Series (Podcast)
Miami New Times
Top 10 Female DJs (2014)
"Some women are just beat trappers. Such is the case with Bonnie Beats. Her mega-live hype mixes will have your girl twerkin' from start to finish. But she's no one-note sister. She can get as chill and groovy as the rest of 'em."
Miami's Top 5 Hottest DJs (2013)
"How did you get involved with DJing? Did anyone teach you?
"I was booked for my first gig by a promoter who had been following my music blog at the time, Behind Color Bars."
Miami Raising Artist (2014)
Featured in Nylon Magazine Dec/Jan Print issue as one of Miami's raising talents amongst a few others
• The Fillmore (Miami Beach, FL)
• Wall @ The W Hotel (Miami Beach, FL)
• FDR @ Delano Hotel (Miami Beach, FL)
• Confidante @ Thompson (Miami Beach, FL)
• Rec Room @ Gale Hotel (Miami Beach)
• Soho Beach House (Miami Beach, FL)
• Edition Hotels (Miami Beach, FL)
• Faena Forum (Brooklyn, NY)
• 1 Hotels (Miami Beach, FL)
• Grand Central (Miami, FL)
• Stache (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
• The Vagabond (Miami, FL)
• Gramps (Miami, FL)
• The Hall (Miami Beach, FL)
• The Thompson Hotel (Miami Beach, FL)
• Libertine (Miami, FL)
• Heart Miami (Miami, FL)
• Bardot (Miami, FL)
• El Patio (Miami, FL)
• The Albion Hotel (Miami, FL)
"Her mega-live hype mixes will have your girl twerkin' from start to finish. But she's no one-note sister. She can get as chill and groovy as the rest of 'em. ” - Miami New Times
LETS KEEP TOUCH
I am available for booking - feel free to contact me!
Phone: +1 (305) 563 8632
Send me a message